- Bring a photocopy of your music for the adjudicator and hand it to them before you play. Rub out any pencil markings on the page before photocopying.
- We encourage all students to take a bow BEFORE and AFTER performing as this looks very professional.
- All competitors receive a certificate, a written comment sheet and verbal feedback from the adjudicator.
- The 3 highest marks usually receive a medal and some classes also award trophies or cups for 1st place.
- The marking system is out of 100 and is classified as follows:
DISTINCTION: 90 marks and above
HONOURS: 85 – 89
MERIT: 80 – 84
PROFICIENCY: 75 – 79
PERFORMER: 75 and below. (A certificate may not be awarded for this category).
- If you are competing on the 13th of November, please stay around for a couple of minutes at the end of your class for a group photo outside the venue.
- Photography or filming is not allowed at the festival.
- Bring your certificates and mark sheets to your next lesson for your teacher to read through.
- High scorers at The Beckenham Festival are eligible for our Junior & Senior Trophies at the Winter Recital on 29th of January.
- Bring gloves so that your fingers are nice and toasty warm. There’s nothing worse than playing the piano with freezing cold fingers.
The Beckenham Festival dates can be found here. Click here for the list of entries.
All classes take place at Harris Academy Bromley, Lennard Road, Beckenham. A map and full details are found on the link above.
The adjudicator is Ann Martin-Davis, Professor of Piano at the Royal College of Music (Junior Department).