If you are thinking about purchasing an instrument, the Take It Away instrument purchase scheme has been extended to include instruments for children. Previously, the scheme was only available to 18 – 25s but now it has been extended to include buying instruments for younger students too.
You can take a loan from £100 – £2000 and spread the cost of buying an instrument.
To be eligible to apply for a Take it away loan, you must be:
- EITHER an individual over 18 buying an instrument for a child under the age of 18
- OR an individual aged 18-25 years using the scheme to buy an instrument for themselves (or someone else, e.g. as a gift)
All applicants must also:
- Be a permanent UK resident
- Be working at least 16 hours per week
- Hold a bank or building society account capable of handling direct debit payments
Applicants using the scheme to buy an instrument for an under 18 will be required to complete a customer declaration confirming that the recipient of the instrument is a child.