Taken from our 2011 Easy Piano Repertoire book, here is ‘Perpetuum Mobile’ by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Two of our adult students have started learning this piece this week. I’ll post up a video of them playing it very soon! This is a fun piece to learn as the right-hand has a distinctive repeated part (the perpetual bit of the piece) and the left hand has some lovely, resonant two-note chords. The changing time signature from 7/8 to 4/4 also gives it a quirky feel.
- ABRSM Music Exam facts and figures!
- The social politics of picking the right instrument for your child.
- A guide to choosing a second instrument. Part 1: The Flute
- Rockschool Debut Level exam pieces
- Piano Summer Schools in the UK for Young Pianists.
- Homeopathy for Stage Fright and Performance Anxiety
- Music Aptitude Tests for 2019 secondary school entry
- Harpsichord repertoire for pianists - it's not all Baroque!