Taken from our 2011 Easy Piano Repertoire book, here is ‘Perpetuum Mobile’ by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Two of our adult students have started learning this piece this week. I’ll post up a video of them playing it very soon! This is a fun piece to learn as the right-hand has a distinctive repeated part (the perpetual bit of the piece) and the left hand has some lovely, resonant two-note chords. The changing time signature from 7/8 to 4/4 also gives it a quirky feel.
- ABRSM Music Exam facts and figures!
- Rockschool Exam Grades for Piano - an alternative to the ABRSM Classical and Jazz Grades
- Updated for 2019: Music Scholarship Auditions - Helping you achieve success at your audition.
- BACK TO SCHOOL BLOG: How much is a Music Scholarship worth?
- ABRSM Certificates - ABRSM Piano Exam Results, March 2011
- Daily practice guide to prepare for your ABRSM exam
- Perpetuum Mobile - transcribed for piano
- The 100 days of practice challenge!
- Rockschool Debut Level exam pieces
- Liszt - it's not all impossible to play!