Taken from our 2011 Easy Piano Repertoire book, here is ‘Perpetuum Mobile’ by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Two of our adult students have started learning this piece this week. I’ll post up a video of them playing it very soon! This is a fun piece to learn as the right-hand has a distinctive repeated part (the perpetual bit of the piece) and the left hand has some lovely, resonant two-note chords. The changing time signature from 7/8 to 4/4 also gives it a quirky feel.
- Rockschool Grade 1 Exam Result
- ABRSM Music Exam facts and figures!
- Rockschool Exam Grades for Piano - an alternative to the ABRSM Classical and Jazz Grades
- Perpetuum Mobile - transcribed for piano
- Here come the Rockschool Exam results!
- Daily practice guide to prepare for your ABRSM exam
- Composer of the week: Valerie Capers
- Liszt - it's not all impossible to play!
- Harpsichord repertoire for pianists - it's not all Baroque!
- The social politics of picking the right instrument for your child.